Thursday, September 13, 2012

Conversations with Innocence


My little guy has decided - he is not four yet. He insists he is still 3. Outright insists.


Our conversation in the car on the way to his preschool this morning went something like this: "Mommy? Will that be Jilly's school when she is 17?" He asked, as we passed a High School.


"I am not sure... maybe..." I responded. (That school is in a different district, but I didn't want to try to explain all of that to the little guy right then - AND that High School is by far one of the best looking ones around - so I left it at a "maybe..." - Anyway - he continued, "Will it be your High School when YOUR 17?" To which, I replied, "I was already 17, and THAT only happens once..." "Ohhhhhhh..." he said, with his adorable signature chuckle... "but, it will be mine when I'm 17?"


"Maybe" I said... "but you have to be four first..."


"Nope, I'm not dunna be four yet... I'm not a big boy!" (That's not a typo, that's how his cute little voice sounds!) I said "Sure you are!" And he insisted, "No, I'm not!" I asked "why not..." and HE said: "Because I'm widdle and I wove you......."


Enough said. Baby boy, you can be 3 (or 'free' as he pronounces it) as long as you want.


Posted Date: : Dec 7, 2007 12:29 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment