Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sweet Dreams


"Good night Mommy..." they called, in unison... "Good night Angels" - I said in return, as I headed out of the room... "I love you Mommy... MOMMY, I love you!" They replied... "I love you too!!!" I said, further into the hall... "Sweet dreams, Mommy... Yeah, Sweet dreams Mommy!!!!" They said... and I, of course replied, "Sweet dreams guys..."


It just does not get any better, than that.


I just... I have so much more to say - but I am filled with such warm fuzzies... I can't remember what the heck it was!


(A few moments later................)


Last night, I drove my step-daughter home. To Yonkers. From Port Jefferson Station. (Those of you not familiar with NY... just, run mapquest... it will give you a general idea of how screwed I was...) We tried so hard to wait for the husband to get off so he could take her home. For two reasons... so I didn't have to drive it (this was my driving force behind waiting, I must admit) and so he could have a little one on one time with her. But, it was not in the cards for the evening. So - my munchkin's and I loaded into the car, and did the drive.


As the sun went down, I realized, just how bad my vision has gotten. And, it scares me. During the day... I am fine. I can read fine print across the room... mostly. Put something green beside something blue, well... I probably won't tell you the accurate color. But that has NEVER been an issue in my life before. The one thing that has bothered me more and more as I have gotten older, is my night vision. My depth perception sucks. And last night, it was the worst it has EVER been. Granted, last night was the furthest I have driven at night, in probably, at least a year. (Where I am the one driving and paying attention.) The glare coming off the red tail lights... the white painted lines on the road... everything had this "starry dazzle" effect going. A glare, or something... I don't really know how to describe it. I was honestly concerned. But I couldn't stop - I had to get home. So.. I just took it slow and careful. By the time I got to my driveway, I had tears in my eyes. I tried to explain it all to my husband... but I really don't think he realized just how truly concerned/panicked/worried I was about that drive - and am about all the drives in the dark that are forthcoming. I am the one that is going to be doing the majority of the Amanda pick ups and drop offs for the foreseeable future. And it is only getting darker earlier. He did say "we will figure it out, together..." which was very reassuring. Still... he doesn't realize just how bad it was. I do. not. exaggerate. And I was freaked.


So... as soon as possible, a trip to an optometrist is in my future.


On another note... hopefully a trip to the optometrist is NOT needed in my husband's future. Today I have had such a terrible, horrible headache. I have a feeling it is from the intense straining I was doing trying to see as I drove last night (scary, isn't it!?!?!?) - (my fingers ache from gripping the wheel too...) anyway... I have had a headache, so I did NOT go to the gym. Which I HATED. But I took the time to do something for myself I have been craving for weeks. I got myself a haircut, and put in low-lights. I spent so much more time in the sun this summer than normal, my hair had become sun bleached in spots, and brassy in others. So... I toned it all down. I L-O-V-E the way it came out. I just hope he notices it!!! (And I hope he likes it too!!!)


I still have the darn headache. But it seems to be getting a little better.


I will be sure to keep you posted on the eye thing. Have a wonderful night!


Posted Date: : Oct 15, 2007 7:30 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment