Friday, September 14, 2012

Chocolate Ice Cream for Breakfast...

What truly makes the world go 'round? Is it honestly money? It certainly feels that way these days. I have joined the many people in the world without a job... I have been out of work for 4 days now, and it feels like an eternity. My household relies on my income. Very strongly on my income. Yet, here I am - laid off by dwindling work, nothing I did wrong.... and as I send out resume after resume I wonder... what happens next? I know better.. act like I already have it... "should have's" in one hand and worry in another keep me everywhere but today. And today is all I am certain of. Drop the mask and put one foot in front of the other... after all, that is the only thing truly left to do, is it not?

 

And my poor head just flooded itself with all the things I have wanted to sit down and write over the past couple of months, but have not had time too... and I got a bit stuck....

 

As the new year turned.. I found myself reflecting on the insanity of what 2008 had given me...

 

The gifts disguised as assaults.... The strengths disguised as weaknesses...

 

It all fades into memory so fast...

 

Ok... I am off to email out more resumes... but I will write more soon - VERY soon, I swear it this time!!


Posted Date: : Feb 5, 2009 11:30 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment