Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Amor vincit omnia

Five years ago today, in a small rose garden, at the edge of a beautiful pier in Alabama, as the sun began to go down, my husband and I took our wedding vows.

Since that day, we have had some extreme highs, and extreme lows, and a lot of surprises along the way. I would not change any of it. It has made us who we are, and united us in a way that was only possible in our imagination five years ago.

My husband gives me strength when I am weak, no matter how broken and bruised he may be himself, and he gives me laughter when I am sad, no matter how he may be crying on the inside. He gives me all the support I could possibly need, and more than I would ever ask for. He is my best friend, and the love of my life.

Andrew: we have been through it all... and then some - and no matter how dark or empty it felt at times when I closed my eyes, when I opened them, you were always there. You understand me in ways no one does, and I love you more than words could possibly describe.

It's true, love conquers all.

Happy Anniversary, My Love, My Best Friend, and I know we will have many more.

08.04.2003
7:03 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment