Monday, September 10, 2012

Early morning phone call... WHAT?

I am at a total loss for words...
I truly am.
And this time, it is for GOOD NEWS!!!
But I am just in total shock because good news... has been hard to come by, until just recently. And now I feel like the flood gates have at least begun to open... but I am afraid to admit it - afraid it may be taken away from us again.
But enough of that, let me get to it already, right? This morning my babies slept in until about 8:40... giving me just a bit of much needed extra sleep... and though that is good news in itself, it is not the earth shattering bit I am about to let lose... (though still terrified to admit it) Literally moments after my babies got up, my phone rang and it was my husband. When one of the first things out of his mouth was "are you sitting down?" my heart sank... I thought something must be terribly wrong...
And then, he said "I got a promotion." And while I was still trying to get that through my head... he added "with a $30,000 raise."
I didn't know if I should cry or faint. I still feel so light in my chest... like I could pass out... or cry - or more frighteningly wake up from this dream. I mean - we will be ok. Even sooner than expected. He will be making a six figure base salary now. (Not to mention the amazing overrides he will get with this position!) We just went up a freaking tax bracket. I am so flabbergasted and lost for words it is amazing. AND, the raise will be retro active to his first day of work last week...
I just feel so completely shocked. Is this really it? Are we finally going to be ok? And not have to expect some horror around the next bend? Somebody pinch me and tell me this is real... please.

07.07.2005
7:36 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment