Wednesday, September 5, 2012

House work & stuff...

This morning was one of those mornings I wanted to hold onto - for just a "little longer"... my husband was about to leave for work... but he kept stalling... walking back into the room and longingly staring at me and our sleeping angel at my side. I knew he wanted to just crawl back in bed and spend time with us. But he couldn't - it would have wrinkled his pants and made him late for work. Sometimes life zips around us so fast, we forget what's important. Moments like that are important. Next time, I'll ask him to be late for work.

I miss him so much when he puts in long hours like this. So does my baby girl... now that she is figuring out what the word means... all day long she is calling her "da-dad"... "da-dad"... and I have to tell her Daddy is at work, but he will be home later. I am so happy this is a 3 day weekend. Though I know most of it will be spent spackling, and painting and doing all that "fun" stuff... it's really not so bad. I can't wait to have the house the way I want it... the way I have wanted it for the past year but have not been able to get it that way!!

I just have to make sure we "slow down" enough some this weekend to enjoy each other's company too though.

I think my baby girl is getting another bottom tooth! (Finally!) There is a big red and white dot beside one of her existing teeth... I am just not sure if it is a trick of light or something - I can't get her to hold still long enough to get a good look! I guess I'll know soon enough!

I'll be back later... right now I am just too preoccupied with everything we have to do on this house in the next couple of weeks...

08.28.2003
11:52 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment