Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Not the "ordinary" Monday.

I never knew how much my husband packs like a woman... and not just any woman... one of the ones that has to bring everything INCLUDING the kitchen sink to a one night stay somewhere. Well, last night I learned that is my husband. He is upstate now for two nights and three days (including today) and I cannot believe everything he packed!! 4 T-shirts, 2 "regular shorts", 2 sleep shorts, 4 pair of under wear, 4 pairs of socks, 3 dress shirts and 3 dress pants, and 3 ties. Not to mention all his other "stuff" - geez I feel like he has gone for 2 weeks!!!

But at least it is only 2 nights. That does not change my nerves being shot though, he has a terrible history with things like this. But so far he has been calling a lot - so that does make me feel better.

And I have my baby girl to keep me company. She amazes me... yesterday she had such a blast in our pool. For the first time she really enjoyed it being OUT of her float. Today she seems to know something is "up" or "different" though, she has been a little extra clingy - but smiling the entire time anyway.

I just feel totally thrown for a loop. I mean, so far the day has been about the same as any day - but I know tonight will be hard. I hate the dark. (Yeah, I was supposed to get over that when I was 8, right?) So I have to figure out which lights to leave on for when I get up in the middle of the night... (so I don't think a shadow moves or something ridiculous) and I am trying hard to remember to refill the dogs food and water later... and let them out enough - my husband always does that once he is home. Most importantly I just have to keep my nerves in check - if there is a 10 min time frame later where I can't reach him, I have to relax and not think the worst.

Well... time to go, my every day normal stresses are acting up... (the dog is trying to take the baby's bread, and demanding to get further into the room than I will allow...) I can't wait until everything starts to fall into place with our finances, and with the rescue group to take the dog, and we REALLY need to start working on this house... (and I could go on, and on.)

07.28.2003
4:23 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment