Wednesday, September 5, 2012

She's almost standing by herself!

I am constantly amazed - watching the world through my daughter's eyes.

She is 10 months old... and the "11 month mark" is fast approaching - too fast! But she has figured out how to stand up... holding onto things. This has been her new "thing" for a few weeks now... she LOVES to stand. She stands in her crib, in her play pen, and on anything she can use to pull herself up when she is roaming the floor at grandma's house. The one thing she has had trouble with... is sitting back down. Now, I have heard that is normal, so I knew it was only a matter of time before she figured it out on her own.

Today, she figured it out. I had her in her crib for some play time... I have been doing this daily to get her used to her crib... so that when we begin working her into it for bed time again we don't run into the hysteria of last week, and today it really paid off - in a way I did not expect! She stood herself up, and I saw her let go of the rail on purpose... so she plopped down onto her rear... then she looked at me, giggled, climbed back to a stand, and did it again! She must have done this 7 or 8 times in a row, and she was just getting the biggest kick out of it! Then... something happened: She let go of the rail... and did not fall right back down. Now, within a couple of seconds she plopped down on her rear and was right back to the routine... but she stood on her own - for only a few seconds... but it was standing nonetheless!! During the next 50 or so times she stood, let go and plopped down again she ended up doing that a few times. It is only a matter of time now before she is going to be standing with no support! I am so proud of my baby girl! Watching her learn like that - it just the most amazing thing in the world to me.

I am really feeling the pressure to get the dog out of here now... she needs to be able to explore the house more. Hopefully the woman from the rescue group will call soon... In the meantime I just hope I keep my sanity!


08.01.2003
3:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment