Wednesday, September 5, 2012

So I am the bad guy.

I think I just have to accept that for at least the next 8 years - I will be someone my stepdaughter does not particularly like - at all. It just seems like there is nothing I can do about it.

Yesterday, for instance, it seemed we had a really good day together - our best yet in this two week stay that is nearly over... but then, last night rolls around, and my husband gets home from work and everything goes out the window. When he is here she just seems to expect to "walk all over" everyone and get her way - period. So, of course *I* was the one saying "no, you can't sleep on the couch, you have a bed for a reason..." and "don't stomp your foot in this house..." etc. and so on. My husband does not put his foot down nearly as often as he should, because he does not want all his time with her to "be a war zone." So I try to do it - but she couldn't care less what I say or think, or do. And I certainly don't want my children growing up seeing their big sister getting away with so much... I just don't know what to do.

I am feeling very tired today too. She has not asked me to go in the pool yet, but I am sure it's coming, especially now that the darn sun is poking it's head out of the clouds. I swear for all the times I love having a pool, there are times I despise it even more.

I am also feeling lonely. Hopefully everything will get back to "normal" soon.

08.12.2003
2:21 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment