Saturday, September 8, 2012

Tenants and Landlords

On a side note, this was supposed to be posted yesterday - the 19th, but clearly diaryland went all goofy - again and so here I am. My images are still not showing up, though from what I can tell they should be, and my "prev/next" entries thing still looks all screwy. But what the hell... I guess I will take a leap of faith here. Wish me luck.


It's so warm out today, I have the window open next to me. That is such a nice feeling. I even just heard a dove coo. I really can't wait until spring starts. Normally I am the one hoping for "just one more" snow storm. But snow storms here are nothing like the ones I love so much in NY. So... I am ready for spring. When I can incorporate my munchkins into my exercise and walk outside, not stuck indoors on the treadmill.  I hope the day before Easter is nice too... the town is having an Easter egg hunt. It would be nice to get the kids out of the house for a bit... I just hope my husband gives me no issues with the 10am time of it.

As everything falls apart around me, my babies are what keep me going. I owe them so much, and they are so little and don't even know it.

We are just having one thing after another... the other day my friend told me my phone was off... of course my immediate reaction was "no it's not..." We had just paid the bill... well... on using our cell phone to call our home number, we realized it WAS off, giving a "has been temporarily disconnected" notice. We called the phone company (using our cell phones which still have our NY numbers - but thankfully no long distance charges) to tell them about their error... and they proceeded to inform us that out of no where, because they "can" they are charging us a one time $120 security deposit if we want to keep our phone service. Oh, and by the way, when we move in June, we will not get it back. My response to that? Fuck them. Basically they increased our bill by $120 for the month... they can keep their damn phone service. We have our cell phones, and are charged no roaming or long distance. But that was just the icing on the newest cake...

The other day we got a letter from our "landlord." Saying on April 2nd he is going to do a "walk through" of the property to determine if he "wants" to renew our lease. I'm sorry.. can you scream WASTE OF TIME??? We already KNOW he is not going to renew our lease. *I* would not renew my lease. We have been late the past 3 months in paying him, and we will not be on time in April too. He so conveniently scheduled this for the 2nd too... one day after the rent is due. If he thinks he is going to force the rent money out of us when he is here... I will just have to laugh... right at him. You can't draw blood from a stone. Not to mention we should not even HAVE our cats... so I have to find somewhere to "put" them for the day. And we have to go through all this nonsense knowing he will not even renew the lease... he is just going to be a pain in the ass from this point forward I am sure. But I don't blame him. It is just irritating.

What are we going to do in May when he wants to start showing the place? That will be a true nightmare. So I hope my "fall back on" plan works. Yesterday we sent our tenants a certified letter telling them we are not going to renew their lease, or pursue them on a month to month plan once their lease expires June 1st, and to please be out by that date... and we included a "oh and by the way, if you want to leave earlier, go for it!!" type of paragraph too. I just hope they do. I am really not looking forward to any problems from them. And, Mugwhump asked, (sorry I have been meaning to respond to you) we would have trouble trying to evict them outright because they have eventually made each months rental payment. It just gets later and later each month, and it needs to be 30 days late for us to really have a leg to stand on there. We could go after it, but with only a couple of months left on the lease... it may be faster for us to just wait. Of course... I am worried about being faced with the possibility of having to evict them if they refuse to go once the lease expires... but that is a much more cut and dried situation.

We would love to tell our "landlord" - look don't bother we don't want to renew the lease with you anyway. But he will probably still want to see the place then, and then we absolutely will have to deal with people traipsing through here at all hours for him to "show" the place. It is just a really annoying position to be in. I just want to get the hell out of here... now.

I have been meaning to post this since I did it a week or so ago but kept forgetting... I swear these are the actual test results for the FIRST time I took the test. (Guess I should be more balanced than I am then, huh?)





You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained



The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.

Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.

If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.

Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.



The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.

Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.

If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.

Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.




03.20.2005
10:52 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment