Friday, September 7, 2012

17 days... (and counting)

My mind feels "fuzzy." I just don't know how else to describe it.

Last week I felt like shit... I had a urinary tract infection, that really, really hurt and now I am still "getting over" it. Plus I have all sorts of other wacky aches and pains that I KNOW I did not have at this point in my pregnancy with my daughter. 17 days and counting... (until my due date) so, I expect sometime BEFORE then I will get to meet our baby boy.

I just have so many worries. I am very worried about how my mother-in-law will handle my daughter while I am in labor, especially if it's in the middle of the night. As I'm sure you can tell from my previous entries she can be quite a pill to get to sleep at night. And then I am worried about how she will sleep at all at my mother-in-laws... even with my husband there. There is no way she will sleep in the play pen that his mother "expects" her to sleep in, and if she sleeps on the fold out couch with my husband, he sleeps way too deep, she would wake up and be over the edge before he could remember his name for the morning.

Also we are moving her crib today or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow because today I am going to straighten her room... then my husband will clean the carpet tonight so it won't be ready for her until tomorrow. But I know this is going to be hell on my ability to get much needed sleep in these final weeks before our newborn arrives. I am afraid my daughter and I will become very friendly with the futon soon. And then I worry what will I do AFTER the baby is born if she continues to wake and not be able to go back to sleep in the middle of the night. The Dr. at her well visit this past weekend asked if we had tried a regular mattress on the floor. I think I just might if come the end of the month I am getting NO sleep... because of the new baby (which is expected) but because of her too. I just worry then what if that too does not work. That is my LAST resort. What then? Not to mention how crazy it will make me because then she will have free rein on her room if and when she does wake up, before I am able to get there. I am going to have to do more than just baby proof... I am going to have to set it up like a fortress. But... we will see what happens.

I am sure I will have more to write later... I wish I had been writing last week... I was just feeling too yucky. I hope this baby makes his grand entrance soon...

11.10.2003
11:51 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment