Wednesday, September 5, 2012

And it's a...

Last night we got our 20 week ultrasound done of the baby. Everything looks wonderful and very healthy!

I was unsure if my husband was going to stay in the room to find out the sex of the baby - but he decided to after all! And my mother-in-law and baby girl got to be in the room as well! (She had come to sit in the waiting room with my munchkin while we went in.) But they let her in also! And then came the moment I have been waiting for... the technician took a glance at my husband and said "Daddy you're going to be happy..." (he had already told her he thinks he is only going to "create" girls...) and she said "It's a boy."

The look on my husband's face was completely priceless. And in complete disbelief he said "a BOY?!?!?" And she said "yep, a boy..." but by that time his voice was already shaking... and I knew if the lights had been higher in the room I would have seen tears in his eyes. So of course - that brought tears to MY eyes... (now, he had the same reaction when they told us our daughter "is a girl" too, but this was just a little different.) So, my husband will finally have a little boy. A "mini-him." (Somebody help me...)

Wow. I really don't know what else to say... I am speechless.

07.17.2003
1:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment