Friday, September 7, 2012

Clearing my head... kinda.

I love this time of year...

The trees are starting to turn orange, yellow and red... you can "smell" fall in the air... and the air is crisp and alive. I absolutely LOVE fall. It is also the beginning of the holidays, and all the warm colors, and then comes the snow... which I adore.

Now if I can just unstuff my darn head all will be right with the world! But, I guess if my little munchkin is going to get sick (she got it two days before me) then I should get it too... that way I know how she is feeling and know what to do for her... since she is still too little to tell me herself. My poor baby... I never knew such a little nose could run THAT much.

Anyway... it seems our "luck" is finally turning around. For basically a year now we had been destitute... bouncing checks to eat, falling $2000 behind with our electric and gas company... my car was repossessed in March... I think it was March - somewhere around then I stopped noticing. It was just too much - and I could NOT let it get me down because I HAD to have a smile on my face for my baby girl.

Then my husband got this job... and finally it seemed to be a job that was going to "pay off" - and it is. Not only is he making what he needs to be making... but he is in with an amazing group of people. Today he got a "gift" from someone for helping them close a deal on a house or something. A financial gift... no, it's not a lot in the "big" scheme of things, but it will actually make me breathe a huge sigh of relief for this weekend... you see, with the money we had to lay out for the truck we are picking up tomorrow (I CAN'T WAIT!) I had been worried that we would not be able to go get my baby girl's one year photo's taken this weekend.. and now I know I don't have to worry about that anymore.

I keep waiting for the roof to come crumbling down. Oh - you are having GOOD luck now huh? We will just see about that!! - But it does not seem like it will. This is going to take some getting used to. I still feel this huge weight on my shoulders... but it is slowly lifting - and that's amazing. It has been there too long.

Now, if only I could get my ass back in gear and get to work on the new baby's room... my due date is only a month and a half away... and we have done NOTHING in there yet! I thought about this time I was supposed to get some huge burst of energy and start "nesting" - cleaning wacky things and ways I've never cleaned before... I am still waiting... The "nesting" can kick in any time now...

At least make my cold go away.

10.10.2003
3:40 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment