Monday, September 10, 2012

Hallelujah! I can eat again - a little anyway

Tonight, for the first time since Friday night, I was able to eat dinner. I say that, with such an intense feeling of relief. I wish I could describe how horrible the past few days have been for me... I have been so intensely hungry - but everything tasted the same. A completely unbearable "rotten" taste.

Finally... tonight, I ate. My husband made something our children adore when he makes, just a simple marinara sauce and ziti noodles... and I was thinking the tomatoes would be too harsh - I had not even tried to eat anything all day - I had literally gotten scared to try... so I took a bite of a rotisserie chicken he sweetly picked up at the store for me - and it tasted like everything else. Just absolutely horrible. And I just started to cry.

For some reason my husband then pulled the peanut butter out of the fridge, and told me to see if I could at least smell it - and I could. Hey - there was hope. So... I tried dinner... and I could eat it!! My husband came to the rescue tonight!! Once or twice that taste tried to creep in... but I even had seconds! I still feel so very hungry... but there is no way I want to send my body into shock. I have never before gone this long without actually eating, and it was just so intensely painful. I mean... the physical stomach pains passed for the most part after the second day, but just the desire to eat SOMETHING, became even more torturous than if my stomach was simply growling.

I can't believe it, but I lost 8 lbs in this ordeal too. I am sure half of it will pop right back on once I get back to eating again... but maybe I can use this as some involuntary jump start for the rest of the weight I need to lose. Though, I am expecting that to be easier anyway now that we are home... I still have to get my exercise bike up and running sooner or later here.
I am just so relieved. I hope tomorrow I find my sense of taste even better and more accepting - closer to normal. Maybe even normal again? I just wish I knew why this came on so suddenly like this. Never before have I had sinus issues, and this started as just a cold.

I don't know. Anyway... I am rambling on now - and have probably gone into much more detail than anyone ever cared to know about my eating habits. My poor babies are STILL fighting off their colds too - my son did catch it, so now he is in the main stage of it's misery... and my daughter still has a bit of a cough and runny nose.
I sure hope everyone is better by Sunday. We are getting my step-daughter, and meeting my husband's Mom, and Aunt, for a nice lunch or dinner for Father's Day. So far... I think we are on pace to be ok.

06.15.2005
11:16 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment