Friday, September 7, 2012

He's here!!!

I expected my labor Monday night to go fast, since I was 4 centimeters dilated according to the doctor at the visit that day... but it really went fast!

I got to the hospital at 7:00pm Monday night and soon thereafter the doctor broke my water. Almost right away the contractions got to the point that they really "meant business" and I told them I was ready for the epidural. I expected I would get the epidural, feel no more pain after that point, and sleep for a few hours until it was time to "push" like I had done with my daughter...

No such luck. The epidural, did not fully work. That was a scenario I had not even thought of, because with my daughter, I had one that was "flawless"... this time, my legs were damn numb. I could not lift them for anything, but my contractions, were just as strong as ever. Thankfully... my labor went even quicker than anyone expected. By sometime I don't think too long after 10:00pm I was fully dilated and ready to push...

And at 11:02 pm on Monday, November 24th, every bit of pain became more than worth it, and I would do it all again in a heart beat - with no epidural even. He weighed 8lbs and 10 ozs, and was 20 inches long!!! Thankfully though, his head was smaller than my daughters at birth and I did not have the bleeding problem that I had with her.

It feels good to be home... I have to get a "routine" down so I can attend to the baby, and to my daughter... but I am sure it will all work itself out in time. I have had a LOT more pain this time around recovering... that is something I did not expect - thankfully though, there are pain pills for these things!

I'll post more later... or tomorrow... but I could not wait another second to tell the world that my baby boy is here!

11.28.2003
7:17 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment