Tuesday, September 4, 2012

It could have been worse...

Well... in my attempt to look at the bright side of things, I'll say: It could have been worse. Before leaving to go he said that he would be home between 7:00 & 7:30 last night... so I HOPED I would at least get a call to know if he was going to be late or not... before he was late. (Is that so much to ask?)

8:00 pm, the phone rings. I had decided I was not going to say anything, I did not want to start the week out that way... but HE said "I know your not happy about me being this late..." and I stopped him mid-sentence, and very calmly told him - "It's not that, it's just that you SAID you would be home no later than 7:30, so I expected you would at least call by then to say you were late, not at 8:00 saying you had just left..." and ONCE MORE he seemed understanding, and ONCE MORE he apologized. A friend of mine once said "An apology is only valid if you take the steps to make amends." And that is so true. He does this ALL the time. He told me "I don't know why I feel funny calling when I'm with..." and I stopped him again, and said "feel funny showing you are a responsible father and husband and that you respectfully just wanted to let me quickly know you were running a bit late." I mean, I KNOW him, so I knew not to plan for dinner to be ready at 7:30, because I KNEW something like this would happen. But that should not be the norm... right? If he SAYS he will be home no later than 7:30, I should be able to take him at his word.

But, I made a point not to make a big deal about it. I hope I got my point across, without coming across like some nutty control freak.

Anyway - on the bright side of things, I am very proud of myself *patting myself on the back* that I figured out how to add the link to my profile, and the link to my notes to my diary page. I am kinda bummed I really have no one here to gloat too though - he does not know about this diary, I don't think. *It's not like I am keeping it secret from him, I am sure one day he WILL find it, and that is fine, I am just not advertising it to him anywhere. I hope when he does find it, he won't even tell me, that way I won't be self conscious about what I write.*

That's it for now... I am sure I will be back later though.

03.11.2003
12:05 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment