Saturday, September 8, 2012

Less than 42 hours and counting!!

Ok, I am going to write this now, because I have no idea whether or not I will have a chance to later on today, or tomorrow. (So, if I don't update for a few days, cross your fingers everything is going well for us, the tenants left the house like they said they would, and my internet will be installed on the 2nd like we scheduled.)
There is a huge, gargantuan U-Haul truck in the driveway. And I am so freaking excited I can barely contain myself. Our friend flew in this morning, and then my husband and he went and got the truck. Now they are off "playing" in downtown Chicago for a few hours (so our friend can see the city a bit) and then tomorrow, we will load it up!!! I just can't wait! I have the entire house packed (all but the computer desk, and the bathrooms, and a few other incidentals) and finally it is starting to feel "real." Our hotel is reserved for Tuesday night in Pennsylvania... and as far as we know, we can go straight to our house on Wednesday!
I will be so happy to put this place behind us. (Check out the buzznet page for pictures of the move and drive and all over the next week. There will be a lot!)
I really hope my munchkins behave for the drive. I got them DVD's for the truck, and new toys and books that they won't see until I NEED to give them to them during the drive (the newer they are, the longer they hold their attention is how I see it) and I hope they sleep ok in the hotel. But no matter what.. we are going home!!
I am feeling such an immense pain in my back and hip now. I just really am having to focus on the goal... because I am hurting so very bad.
Anyway... maybe I will get another chance to update... otherwise... I will update in NY!!!!!

05.29.2005
12:22 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment