Saturday, September 8, 2012

Money and happiness

I have told my husband I will do what ever has to be done to keep our family secure. Money does not buy happiness... but it does buy a certain amount of security. And security does, in many ways, equal happiness.
I am hoping in every way that this job tomorrow has an offer for him here, in Chicago. I can't hope it doesn't go well. I do. And if we have to move, though a very last resort, we will. I want his interview to go well tomorrow. I want him to impress them beyond belief, and shine like he always does in those stressful situations.
How do I balance that and not wanting to move? Well, I haven't. I am hoping he gets a hell of an offer, and I am hoping we don't have to move. AND, I am hoping the two somehow end up coinciding.
There was also another recruiter he played phone tag with on Friday, whom he thinks has a job here in Chicago. He obviously won't be able to get in touch with him tomorrow though, with the flying back and forth to Florida and all... so we won't know if anything can even come of that until Tuesday.
I am just so very stressed.
I am hoping for a nice, quiet evening... and early dinner, the Yankees beating the Red Sox, and bed. My husband has to get up at about 3:30am to get ready, his flight is at 7:15. Everyone... please think good thoughts for us for tomorrow.
This picture I took the other day... THIS is how it's supposed to look in October.



10.17.2004
3:32 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment