Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My baby girl..

My precious sweet adorable baby girl just added a new "cry" to her catalog of sounds. This will not be good. The instant I heard it - without thinking I scooped her up and held her as tight as I could. I know all she was saying was "mommy my tooth really hurts.." But THAT CRY. Wait till my husband hears this one - I'm sure he will be just as powerless as I was.

So, instead of napping another 30 minutes to and hour... she is now in her swing behind me... talking away. She is the most adorable little person in the world. This past Saturday I was trying very, very hard to get her to say "Dada" - especially since father's day was Sunday, that would have just made it a little extra special. She says "ma, na, ya, and wa" and lots of "mamamama and nayanayanayanay" but still no "da" or "dada." So Saturday night as my husband was in the other room with my stepdaughter, I started "intensive "dada" therapy. She was in a very talkative mood and was going "AHHHH" at the top of her lungs... so every time she would go "AHHHH" I would go "DAAAA" and so on. This went on for a good 30 minutes or so until my husband walked back into the room... when I then pointed to him and looked at her and said "Dada!" What happened next nearly knocked me out of my chair with laughter... she looked right at him and exclaimed: "AHHHHH" - but this "ah" was different... it was a GROWL. She giggled at herself, and did it again! This has become her new thing... and I have to say, it's hilarious.

So, I got way off track there... my poor baby... she got her first 2 teeth at 4 months old, nice and early, now she is 9 months old, and there has been no sign of any new teeth. Finally though, I think a top tooth is trying to come in. And she is letting me know it. Oh that cry! I completely unconsciously reached down and picked her up and held her as tight as I could. She better not do that too much - she will get her way with everything. But at 9 months old, and as far as I'm concerned - she should get her way with everything!

06.19.2003
3:06 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment