Saturday, September 8, 2012

Square One

So... I have gathered my thoughts a bit today... and though I still feel like I was beaten over the head with something large and hard and unforgiving, I think I am doing better.
And, to the sweet few people who offered to virtually "beat up" the disgusting creeps who I mentioned briefly had been having their good "laugh mocking" my family in my absolute  rant yesterday, Thanks, but they really are not worth anyone's time. What goes around, comes around, and all that jazz. Though I will not even link them to give them the time of day, my  husband did, for the curious. "Those who live in glass houses, should not throw stones."
Thanks for letting me get that out. So, anyway... we are now back to "square one" it seems. I just hate that I did, in fact get my hopes up. Maybe my reasons were wrong, but it just seemed to nice. Our house in NY needs so much work... and I know once we are there I will be able to look past the bad memories and just focus on the good... but for a time it just seemed it would be easier to avoid it all together.
And I had gotten my hopes up, about something I had not even mentioned here because I was simply afraid to "jinx" it. See, since I was a little girl I have had a very good family friend in Pensacola, FL. They are like an extra set of grandparents to me. And I had figured out, that a stopover in Pensacola would be perfect for our drive, so I would get to see them, and they could meet my sweet babies. It is something I am so afraid will not happen otherwise... they are getting older, and their health is fading... it scares me. (That was not my reason for wanting to move to FL, but was just an added bonus.)
Anyway... now we start from scratch. My husband has handled this well, so at least I have him to lean on. I am just so worried... now with our landlord actively evicting us (my husband thinks because the amount is wrong on the eviction paper we were served he can get it thrown out to stall for time, but I am seriously doubting that) and our tax money not coming any time soon enough... I am just so worried.
And thanks everyone that mentioned how illegal what his former company did was. We know that, the only thing they had the right to do was confirm he worked there, and state whether or not they would rehire him - but they did much more than that and actually "bashed" him to the Florida company. We are not exactly sure what to do about it at the moment... as far as the Florida company is concerned, I am sure the damage is done, even though they were the ones lying, the doubt has been put in place. So, he simply removed them from his resume (so much for being honest, right?) and we will go forward from here.
We have a ruff few weeks ahead I am afraid. If we can just hold it together a bit longer... we will get through this mess.

04.23.2005
3:34 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment