Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Thanksgiving Update

I figure I should sit down and write out a bit about the holiday before I forget any of the things I wanted to say... though chances are it is already too late for that! We really had a wonderful, fun filled Thanksgiving!
Everything turned out perfectly! My husband always makes me feel so good about the gravy I make - he just raves and raves about it. I feel bad that I only really make it once a year... (I start with a good old New Orleans style roux, and make it entirely from scratch.) All the food was awesome... and these came out great! (It was my first cheesecake attempt!)
The most unexpected point of the day? The constant conversation between my brother-in-law... and... my mother. And really... I only found myself involuntarily cringing a few times...
Everyone was pretty much on their best behavior, and I truly could not have asked for the day to go any better.
Then of course... it was also my sweet little man's second birthday. At his age, my daughter loved the Wiggles, among other things - his favorite by far - is Elmo. So... we officially have been invaded by Elmo - but he loves everything! (I am sure there will be a second wave of the attack for Christmas too...) I even attempted to draw an Elmo on his cake. The only problem was it was a last minute attempt... so I only had red... and blue frosting to do it with. I think I sort of pulled it off. HE knew it was supposed to be Elmo anyway!
My sweet little guy... I put the cake down in front of him, as we all sang - and when it was time for him to blow out the candles well... he stuck his finger in one! It was only brief - I think his reaction was more from everyone letting out a concerned gasp more than from any pain he may have felt... I just can't believe my sweet baby boy is two.
Then we crossed yet another milestone... my little girl has still been wearing diapers for bedtime at night, and whenever we leave the house to go anywhere. Well, Friday she finally woke up dry! So, when my husband had to go out, he took her with him, and brought along no diapers. She did GREAT! So... now the only hurdle we have left is bedtime! And then I have to get my little guy going on the potty - which I will really get in gear with after all the holiday chaos has passed.
I think that is all I have for now... but I will leave you with some pictures! Oh - I also put my tree up yesterday, and it looks wonderful! As soon as I get pictures of it (probably tonight) I will put those up too! (There are more pictures up than just these, click any of them to get to the rest!)
Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com   Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com

Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com   Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com


11.27.2005
11:10 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment